2016 Summer CoreTraining Administrator Day
Ever wonder what PLTW Core Training is really like?
Is your District/Campus implementing new courses this fall?
Is your District/Campus interested in looking at new courses?
COME JOIN US
for the FIRST CORE TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR DAY
at UT Tyler
Friday JULY 22, 2016
Texas Project Lead The Way unveils the mystery of engineering and biomedical sciences to students and parents and teaches a way of thinking that is the key to success in the 21st century.
- Encourages creativity through project-based learning
- Provides a rigorous, standards-based, flexible curriculum
- Recognized by the National Academy of Engineering as a model pre-engineering program
- Career Cluster aligned middle and high school STEM courses
- Texas-based teacher development and support grants and training
- Counselor and administrator training
- Teacher training and resource grants
- Based at The University of Texas at Tyler
Texas became a Project Lead The Way affiliate partner in 2001 through the University of Houston, Center for Technology Literacy. The PLTW National Affiliate Training Center transferred to The University of Texas at Tyler, Ingenuity Center in September 2005. The Ingenuity Center has provided over $1.4 million in equipment to schools to implement the program. As such, there are now over 300 PLTW schools in Texas, which houses the second most PLTW programs in the country. Since 2007, six Texas schools have earned the "Model School" designation - more than any other state. The most recent designee is Foy H. Moody High School Innovation Academy in Corpus Christi which joins the list with Arlington Nichols Junior High School, Del Rio High School, Lake Travis High School, Clear Springs High School and The Science Academy of South Texas.
Looking to get parents and community members acquainted with Project Lead The Way (PLTW)? Our new overview video can help!
Through behind-the-scenes looks at PLTW classrooms and interviews with inspiring students and teachers from across the network, our latest overview video provides a great introduction to the PLTW experience.